40% of users do not return to sites at which they have had a negative experience.
Designing a new website or tuning up your existing one?
Usability testing is an ideal method to gather rich feedback from your customers and learn about the navigation, branding, functionality and content of a website.
Our proven usability research methods will:
- Identify specific areas of a web interface (e.g. navigation, content, functionality) that require modifications
- Feel empowered during the decision making process regarding the next phase of development
- Save development time and avoid the expense of major post-launch revisions
- Improve acquisition and retention rates
- Uncover critical glitches that might cause site abandonment
- Minimize the risk of launching a site that does not adequately address user needs
The Usability process begins with developing an understanding of your business and the marketplace in which it operates. Our focus will be to analyze whether your website supports your overall business strategy and whether the design accomplishes your goal.
Target groups of participants are selectively recruited and screened prior to attendance. Our highly trained moderators guide participants through a series of tasks on the featured website.
Website usability testing is often done in our research facility, but we have the ability to conduct testing on-site in a quiet office space or via a remote web connection. We’ll explore with you to determine the best location, in-person or virtual, to deliver the actionable findings that will help you move forward.
Website Usability FAQ
Where can testing be conducted?
How much does lab based usability testing cost?
How much time does a standard project take from start to finish?
Is usability testing just for Websites?
What if I don’t have the time or budget for lab based usability testing?
Almost anywhere. Craciun Research has conducted lab based usability tests in multiple locations. We maintain our own package of mobile digital video equipment and can also set up one-on-one interviews in a quiet office at your location. Either way, we take care of all the logistical planning.
Although there are various types of test formats, most companies usually spend about 10% of their total Web site development budget on lab based usability testing. Contact us for more pricing details.
A typically lab based usability undertaking involves the following:
- Preparation: 7 – 10 days for recruitment, interface review, moderator’s guide developing & facility selection
- Testing: 1 – 3 days of actual testing sessions with six to eight participants per day
- Results: 7 – 8 days of report preparation and delivery
Usability testing can also benefit the development of an Intranet, Extranet, mobile device or proprietary software solutions.
You may want to try a heuristic evaluation. These 5 – 7 day projects are an excellent way of gathering feedback on a Web site or Intranet. Typically we have two specialists complete heuristic evaluations and base their findings on a standard set of “heuristics” or generally accepted principles that apply to a well-built interface.
For more on our Website Usability services or methodology feel free tocontact us with any questions.